« ПретходнаНастави »
STATE OF NEW JERSEY.
A FURTHER SUPPLEMENT to an act entitled “ An act to incorporate the
Weehawken Ferry Company,” approved March twenty-fifth, eighteen hundred and fifty-two.
1. BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly of Company the State of New Jersey, That the said company are hereby ta pinterested authorized to increase their capital stock to twenty thou- and to issue sand shares, and to issue their bonds, bearing interest not exceeding seven per cent. per annum, and to secure the payment of such bonds the said company shall have the power to convey or pledge, by way of mortgage, trust, or otherwise, the whole or any part of the property and franchises of said company.
2. And be it enacted, That it shall and may be lawful for Company the said company to purchase and hold such lands adjoin-chase and ing or near the said ferry as they may deem necessary, and to pay for the same in the shares of the capital stock, or in the bonds of said company, and may receive, hold
and execute all instruments and conveyances necessary for the purchase, sale, allotment, division, lease, mortgage, or other disposition of such property by subscription or otherwise, as said company shall deem most advantageous, any. thing to the contrary notwithstanding; and shall have the right to improve any lands held by them, by laying out into lots, streets, roads, squares, cemeteries, or other divisions, and to level, grade, or tunnel the same; and may build any structures which they may deem necessary for the said ferry, commercial, shipping or other
purposes, and shall have the right to collect, receive, demand and sue for all wharfage, dockage, and cranage, which they may levy upon any wharf, dock, pier, slip, or bulkhead erected or owned by the said company.
3. And be it enacted, That all things in said act, and in the supplement thereto, approved March twentieth, eighteen hundred and fifty-seven, inconsistent with this supplement, are hereby repealed, and this act shall continue in force thirty years; proviled, said company shall only hold lands and carry on their operations in the counties of IIudson and Bergen, and shall not hold more than one thousand acres at any one time.
Thos. H. HERRING,
President of the Senate. Edwin SALTER,
Speaker of the House of Assembly. Approved February 3, 1859.
WM. A. NEWELL.
A FURTHER SUPPLEMENT to an act entitled “An act to incorporate the
Newark Savings Institution,” passed February twenty-fifth, eighteen
1. BE IT ENACTED, by the Senate and General Assembly of Part of the State of New Jersey, That so much of the second section repealed. of said act as provides that five managers shall be chosen from the townships named in the first section of said act, is hereby repealed, and that five managers may be chosen from the said townships, one from each of the same.
2. And be it enacted, That the rate of interest may at the Rate of intediscretion of the managers, be so regulated, that the interest allowed to depositors having more than five hundred dollars deposited, may be at least one per cent. less than the interest allowed to other depositors; and that so much of the fifth section of said act inconsistent herewith, is hereby repealed.
3. And be it enacted, That so much of the sixth section of Compensasaid act as prohibits compensation to managers for actual agers. services performed by them for said corporation is hereby repealed, and all compensation to be allowed to managers shall be first determined upon by the board of managers at their meetings.
4. And be it enacted, That the said corporation, in addition Money, how to the power given by the said act, and by a supplement ed. thereto, approved March fifth, eighteen hundred and fifty, may invest money in the stocks and bonds issued by the several states, and also in such bonds as may be issued by the several counties and cities in the different states under the laws thereof, and also may make temporary loans upon personal securities with pledges of collateral securities at least equal to the amount loaned, to an amount not exceeding at any time of twenty per centum of the whole
amount of the assets and securities of the said corporation.
5. And be it enacted, That this act shall take effect immediately.
Approved February 9, 1859.
An Act to incorporate the Benevolent Society of United Sons of Erin, of
1. BE IT ENACTED by the Senate and General Assembly of the State of New Jersey, That all such persons as now are, and hereafter may become members of the Benevolent Society of the United Sons of Erin, of the city of Paterson, shall be, and they are hereby constituted, appointed, and ordained a body politic and corporate, in name and in fact, by the name and style of “The Benevolent Society of United Sons of Erin, of the city of Paterson.”
2. And be it enacted, That the said corporation shall, and may have a president, two vice presidents, finance secretary, recording secretary, treasurer, and four wardens, all of whom, except the treasurer and finance secretary, shall constitute a board of directors, and who shall be chosen by a majority of the members of said corporation, present at the election of said directors, at such times and in such manner as the by-laws of said corporation may direct, and
Election of officers.