« ПретходнаНастави »
7. Will great numbers be employed in heaven in praising God and the Lamb ?
Lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; and cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. (7 Rev. 9, 10.)
8. Are complete and everlasting enjoyments to be found with God?
In thy presence is fulness of joy: at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. (16 P. 11.)
9. When Christ shall sit on the throne of his glory, how will he address his saints ?
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. (25 Mat. 34.)
10. How did St. Paul exult in the hope of heaven?
For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ, which is far better. (1 Phil. 21, 23.)
11. Will the joys of heaven present a striking contrast to the troubles of this life?
These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb: therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple : and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat: for the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears froin their eyes. (7 Rev. 14 to 17.)
12. Will the presence of God be the glory and joy of the saints in heaven's
Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people; and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying ; neither shall there be any more pain : for the former things are passed away. (21 Rev. 3, 4.)
13. Will the happiness of heaven infinitely exceed the purest earthly enjoyments ?
I saw no temple therein; for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the
sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it; for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it; and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honor into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day : for there shall be no night there. And they shall bring the glory and honor of the nations into it. And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie; but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. (21 Rev. 22 to 27.)
14. Will every evil be excluded from heaven, and perfect bliss be enjoyed ?
There shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: and they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun ; for the Lord God givetk them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. (22 Rev. 3 to 5.)
15. Whom will Christ acknowledge in heaven?
Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. (10 Mt. 32.)
16. 1s Christ employed in preparing a place for his people in heaven?
In my Father's house are many mansions : if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. (14 Jn. 2, 3.)
17. Is it the will of Christ that his saints should abide with him in heaven?
Father, I will that they also whom thou hast given me be with me where I am, that they may behold my glory. (17 Jn. 24.)
18. What did Christ say, when on the cross, to the penitent thief?
Verily I say unto thee, To-day shalt thou be with me in paradise. (23 Lk. 43.)
19. Will Christ make the bliss of his people permanent in heaven?
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out. (3 Rev. 12.)
20. What does Christ bestow on his sheep who follow him?
I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. (10 Jn. 28.)
21. Will the saints appear with Christ in heaven? When Christ, who is our life, shall appear,
then shall ye also appear with him in glory. (3 Col. 4.)
22. In what company will the bliss of heaven be enjoyed ?
Ye are come unto Mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the first-born, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, and to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant. (12 Heb. 22 to 24.)
23. What is the “new song,” which is addressed to Christ in heaven?
Thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood, out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; and hast made us unto our God kings and priests : and we shall reign on the earth. (5 Rev. 9, 10.)
Warnings of “Its dreadful miseries, Its inhabitants.
1. How does the Psalmist describe the punishment of sinners ?
The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God. (9 P. 17.)
2. What does Christ say of those who deny him ?
Whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. (10 Mt. 33.)
3. What sentence will Christ pass on the wicked ?
Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. (25 Mt. 41.)
4. Must every sin, however dear, be relinquished, lest we be cast into hell ?
If thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell. (5 Mt. 29, 30.)
5. Whom should we fear?
Fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul; but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. (10 Mt. 28.)
6. Is the punishment of the wicked everlasting ?
Their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. (9 Mr. 44.)
7. Will their character as well as their state be then unalterable ?
The time is at hand. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still; and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still; and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still, and he that is holy, let him be holy still. (22 Rev. 10, 11.)
8. How does Christ show the difference between the pious beggar and the rich sinner, after death?
And it came to pass that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; and in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. (16 Lk. 22, 23.)
9. Will Christ, who is now made known as a Saviour, hereafter appear to take vengeance on his enemies ?
The Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven, with his mighty angels, in flaming fire, taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ; who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; when he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe. (II. Thes. 1. 7 tó 10.)
10. What will be the sinner's punishment in hell ?
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: and the smoke of their torments ascendeth up for ever and ever : and they have no rest day nor night. (14 Rev. 10,11.)
11. How did God punish the rebel angels ?
God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment. (II. Pet. 2. 4.)
12. How will God punish Satan?
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night, for ever and ever. (20 Rev. 10.)
13. What will be the portion of hypocrites ?
The sinners in Zion are afraid : fearfulness hath surprised the hypocrites. Who among us shall dwell with the devouring fire? Who among us shall dwell with everlasting burnings? (33 Is. 14.)