« ПретходнаНастави »
Remember These General Points
1. Resolve to make a determined effort to improve your speech.
2. Observe, and stud:, the methods of all good talkers and speakers.
3. Give a definite amount of time every day to the practice of exercises for speech improvement
4. Look into the eyes of persons to whom you speak.
5. Make your looks express your thoughts.
6. Be a leader in conversation.
7. Form definite points of contact with all with whom you speak.
8. Gain the advantage of the light while talking.
9. Master any circumstance that arises while you are speaking.
10. Be good natured at all times.
11. Understand other points of view, and yield to them.
12. Use moderate and truthful compliment.
13. Be a good listener.
14. Cultivate the power of silence.
15. Speak briefly and to the point.
16. Be interesting.
17. Make use of humor.
18. Be epigrammatic.
19. Use personal slogans.
20. Use the direct question instead of using criticism, or expressing doubt.
21. Use inductive speech when your hearers are not likely to accept your own conclusions.
22. Use deductive speech in all ordinary sales talks and arguments.
Conclusion to Book III
In the first three books of this course you have mastered the three foundations of all good speech for any purpose whatever. You have learned:
1. The physical foundations of speech.
2. The correct and effective use of words.
3. The general psychology of speech.
Now you are to turn to the practical uses of speech. In Book IV you will learn how to use speech effectively in daily business life.
A COURSE IN EIGHT PARTS ON GENERAL SPEECRBUSINESS
TALKING AND PUBLIC SPEAKING.WHAT TO SAY
AND HOW TO SAY IT UNDER ALL CONDITIONS