« ПретходнаНастави »
Alabama as redistricted Feb. 13, 1891:
1st District-Counties of Mobile, Washington, Clark, Monroe, Choctaw and Marengo.
2d District-Counties of Baldwin, Wilcox, Escambia, Covington, Conecuh, Butler, Crenshaw, Pike and Montgomery.
3d District-Counties of Geneva, Coffee, Dale, Henry, Barbour, Bullock, Russell and Lee.
4th District-Counties of Dallas, Chilton, Shelby, Talladega, Calhoun and Cleburne.
5th District-Counties of Lowndes, Augusta, Elmore, Macon, Tallapoosa, Coosa, Chambers, Clay and Randolph.
6th District-Counties of Sumter, Greene, Pickens, Tuscaloosa, Lamar, Fayette, Walker and Marion.
7th District-Counties of St. Clair, Etowah, Cherokee, Marshall and DeKalb.
8th District-Counties of Colbert, Lawrence, Morgan, Jackson, Madison, Limestone and Lauderdale.
1st District-Counties of Chicot, Desha, Phillips, Lee, St. Francis, Crittenden, Woodruff-Cross, Jackson, Poinsett, Mississippi, Craighead, Lawrence, Greene, Sharp, Randolph and Clay.
2d District-Counties of Bradley, Drew, Cleveland, Lincoln, Dallas, Jefferson, Grant, Hot Springs, Garland, Saline, Montgomery, Polk, Scott and Sebastian.
3d District-Counties of Ashley, Union, Calhoun, Ouichita, Columbia, Clark, Nevada, Lafayette, Hempstead, Pike, Howard, Sevier, Little River and Miller.
4th District-Counties of Pulaski, Perry, Yell, Logan, Pope, Johnson and Franklin.
5th District-Counties of Faulkner, Conway, Van Buren, Searcy, Newton, Boone, Carroll, Madison, Washington and Burton.
6th District-Counties of Arkansas, Monroe, Prairie, Lonoke, White, Cleburne, Independence, Stone, Izard, Marion, Baxter and Fulton.
COLORADO. Colorado as redistricted in 1891:
1st District-Counties of Lorimer, Weld, Morgan, Logan, Washington, Sedgwick, Phillips, Yuma, Arapahoe, Jefferson, Lake and Park. 2d District-The remainder of the State.
GEORGIA. Georgia as redistricted in 1891:
1st District-Counties of McIntosh, Liberty, Bryan, Chatham, Tattnall, Bullock, Effingham, Screven, Emanuel and Burke.
2d District Counties of Thomas, Decatur, Berrien, Colquitt, Worth, Mitchell, Miller, Baker, Early, Calhoun, Dougherty, Clay, Terrell, Randolph and Quitman.
* For revisions and additions to this list, up to the moment of going to press, see Addenda, preceding Index.
3d District_Counties of Wilcox, Pulaski, Twiggs, Houston, Dooley, Lee, Sumter, Macon, Crawford, Taylor, Schley, Webster and Stewart.
4th District-Counties of 'Marion, Chattahoochee, Muscogee, Talbot, Harris, Meriwether, Troup, Coweta, Heard and Carroll.
5th District-Counties of Johnson, Laurens, Dodge, Montgomery, Telfair, Irwin, Appling, Coffee, Pierce, Wayne, Glynn, Camden, Charlton, Ware, Clinch and Echols.
6th District-Counties of Baldwin, Jones, Bibb, Monroe, Butts, Henry, Spalding, Pike and Upson.
7th District-Counties of Cobb, Paulding, Haralson, Polk, Floyd, Barton, Gordon, Chattooga, Murray, Whitfield, Catoosa, Dade and Walker.
8th District Counties of Jasper, Putnam, Greene, Morgan, Oconee, Clarke, Oglethorpe, Wilkes, Madison, Elbert, Hart and Franklin.
9th District-Counties of Gwinnett, Milton, Jackson, Banks, Hall, Forsythe, Cherokee, Pickens, Dawson, Habersham, White, Lumpkin-Gilmer, Fannin, Union Towns and Rabun.
10th District-Counties of Wilkinson, Washington, Jefferson, Bullock, Hancock, Warren, Richmond, Columbia, Lincoln, McDuffie and Taliaferro.
11th District-Counties of Walton, Newton, Rockdale, DeKalb, Fulton, Douglass, Campbell, Henry, Clayton, Fayette and Spaulding.
Indiana as redistricted in 1891:
1st District-Counties of Posey, Vanderburg, Gibson, Pike, Warwick, Spencer and Perry.
2d District-Counties of Crawford, Dubois, Orange, Lawrence, Martin, Daviess, Green and Knox.
3d District-Counties of Harrison, Floyd, Clark, Scott, Jefferson, Jennings, Jackson and Washington.
4th District-Counties of Switzerland, Ohio, Dearborn, Ripley, Decatur, Franklin, Rush and Shelby.
5th District-Counties of Bartholomew, Brown, Johnson, Monroe, Morgan, Hendricks, Owen and Putnam.
6th District-Counties of Fayette, Union, Wayne, Randolph, Henry and Delaware.
7th District-Counties of Marion, Hancock and Madison.
8th District-Counties of Sullivan, Vigo, Clay, Vermillion, Park and Fountain.
9th District-Counties of Hamilton, Boone, Tipton, Howard, Clinton, Tippecanoe, Warren and Benton.
10th District-Counties of Lake, Newton, Porter, Jasper, Pulaski, Fulton, White, Cass and Carroll.
11th District-Counties of Miami, Wabash, Huntington, Wells, Adams, Jay, Blackford and Grant.
12th District-Counties of Lagrange, Steuben, Noble, DeKalb, Whitley and Allen.
13th District-Counties of Elkhart, Kosciusko, Marshall, St. Joseph, La Porte and Starke.
MICHIGAN. The following gives the Congressional districts of Michigan as the State was apportioned under the census of 1890 by the last Legislature. The arrangement of the different counties under the bill, with the population of each, is:
1. The 1st, 2d, 3d, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 13th, and 15th wards of the city of Detroit; population, 173,841.
2. Jackson, Lenawee, Washtenaw, Monroe, and the townships of Plymouth, Canton, Van Buren, Romulus, Sumpter, Huron, Brownstown, Monguagon, Taylor and Ecorse, and the city of Wyandotte in Wayne county; population, 192,779.
3. Hillsdale, Branch, Calhoun, Kalamazoo and Eaton; population, 172,309.
4. St. Joseph, Cass, Berrien, Van Buren, Allegan and Barry; population, 180,874.
5. Ottawa, Kent and Ionia; population, 178,081.
6. Ingham, Livingston, Genesee and Oakland, the townships of Livonia, Nankin, Dearborn, Redford, Springwell and Greenfield in the county of Wayne, and the 12th, 14th and 16th wards in the city of Detroit; population, 190, 443.
7. Huron, Sanilac, Lapeer, St. Clair and McComb, and the townships of Grosse Pointe and Hamtramck in Wayne county; population, 181,441.
8. Tuscola, Saginaw, Shiawassee and Clinton; population, 172,342.
9. Muskegon, Newaygo, Oceana, Mason, Lake, Wexford, Manistee, Benzic, Leelanaw and Manitou; population, 149,558,
10. Bay, Midland, Gladwin, Arenac, Ogemaw, Iosco, Alcona, Oscoda, Crawford, Montmorency, Alpena, Presque Isle, Cheboygan, Emmet and Otsego; population, 154,811.
11. Montcalm, Gratiot, Isabella, Mecosta, Osceola, Clare, Roscommon, Missaukee, Kalkaska, Grand Traverse, Antrim and Charlevoix; population 167,629.
Delta, Schoolcraft, Chippewa, Mackinac, Ontonagon, Marquette, Menominee, Dickinson, Baraga, Houghton, Keweenaw, Isle Royal, Alger, Luce, Iron and Gogebic (comprising the upper peninsula); population, 180,658.
It is intended to give six safely Democratic districts—the 1st, 2d, 5th, 7th, 8th and 10th. The 6th and 9th are set down as doubtful, but as giving the Democrats more than a fighting chance. The 3d, 4th, 11th and 12th are safely Republican. By some the 5th is also classified as doubtful, but under ordinary circumstances it would undoubtedly be hard for the Republicans to carry it.
MINNESOTA. Minnesota as redistricted in 1891:
1st District-Counties of Wabasha, Winona, Houston, Olmsted, Fillmore, Dodge, Mower, Steele, Freeborn and Waseca.
ad District-Counties of Blue Earth, Nicolet, Faribault, Brown, Watonwan, Martin, Jackson, Cottonwood, Redwood, Chippewa, Lac qui Parle, Yellow Medicine, Lincoln, Lyon, Pipe Stone, Murray, Rock and Nobles.
3d District-Counties of Goodhue, Dakota, Rice, Scott, Carver, Meeker, Sibley, Le Sueur and Renville.
4th District-Counties of Washington, Chicago, Isanti and Kanabee. 5th District-The county of Hennepin.
6th District-Counties of Anoka, Wright, Sherburne, Stearns, Benton, Mille Lacs, Morrison, Todd, Crow Wing, Atkins, Pine, Carlton, Cass, Wadena, Hubbard, Beltrami, Itasca, St. Louis, Lake and Cook.
7th District-Counties of Kandiyohi, Swift, Big Stone, Stevens, Pope, Traverse, Grant, Douglass, Wilkin, Otter Tail, Clay, Becker, Norman, Polk, Marshall and Kittson.
Nebraska as redistricted in 1891:
1st District Counties of Richardson, Pawnee, Johnson, Nemaha, Otoe, Lancaster and Cass.
2d District-Counties of Sarpy, Douglass and Washington.
3d District-Counties of Merrick, Nance, Boone, Antelope, Knox, Pierce, Madison, Platte, Colfax, Stanton, Wayne, Cedar, Dixon, Dakota, Thurston, Coming, Burt and Dodge.
4th District-Counties of Gage, Jefferson, Thayer, Saline, Fillmore, Seward, York, Hamilton, Pock, Butler and Saunders.
5th District-Counties of Clay, Nuckolls, Hall, Adams, Webster, Kearney, Franklin, Harlan, Phelps, Furnas, Gosper, Red Willow, Frontier, Hitchcock, Hayes, Dundy, Chase and Perkins.
6th District-The remainder of the State.
New Jersey as redistricted in 1891:
1st District-Counties of Cape May, Cumberland, Salem, Gloucester and Camden.
2d District-Counties of Atlantic, Burlington, Ocean and Mercer. 3d District-Counties of Monmouth, Middlesex and Somerset. 4th District-Counties of Hunterdon, Warren, Morris, Essex and Sussex. 5th District-Counties of Bergen and Passaic. 6th District-City of Newark. 7th District-Cities of Hoboken and Jersey City. 8th District-County of Union.
North Carolina as redistricted in 1891:
1st District-Carteret, Pamlico, Pitt, Beaufort, Hyde, Dare, Tyrrell, Washington, Martin, Chowan, Hertford, Perquimans, Gates, Pasquotank and Currituck.
2d District-Counties of Lenoir, Wayne, Greene, Wilson, Edgecombe, Warren, Halifax, Northampton and Bertie.
3d District-Counties of Craven, Jones, Onslow, Duplin, Bladen, Sampson, Cumberland, Harnett, and Moore.
4th District-Counties of Vance, Franklin, Nash, Johnson, Wake, Chatham and Randolph.
5th District-Counties of Granville, Durham, Person, Orange, Alamance, Caswell, Guilford, Rockingham and Stokes.
6th District-Counties of Pender, New Hanover, Brunswick, Columbus, Robson, Richmond, Anson, Union and Mecklenburg.
7th District-Counties of Montgomery, Stanly, Cabarrus, Rowan, Davidson, Davie, Yadkin, Iredell, Catawba and Lincoln.
8th District-Counties of Gaston, Cleveland, Burke, Alexander, Caldwell, Mitchell, Watauga, Wilkes, Ashe, Alleghany, Surry and Forsythe.
9th District-Counties of Polk, Rutherford, McDowell, Yancey, Buncombe, Henderson, Madison, Haywood, Transylvania, Jackson, Swain, Macon, Graham, Cherokee and Clay.
Ohio as redistricted by act of March 11, 1890:
District 1. That so much of the county of Hamilton as is now contained within the limits of the 1st, 2d, 3d, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 26th, and 27th wards of the city of Cincinnati, as they are now constituted, and the townships of Anderson, Columbia, Spencer, Symmes, Sycamore and Southeast, St. Bernard and Clifton precincts of Mil Creek town2. The balance of the county of Hamilton as is now contained within the limits of the 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 22d, 230, 24th, 25th, 28th, 29th and 30th wards of the city of Cincinnati as they are now constituted, and the townships of Springfield, Colerain, Green, Delhi, Miami, Whitewater, Harrison, Crosby and College Hill, Winton Place, Western, Avondale, Bond Hill, Elmwood and Northeast precincts of Mill Creek township.
3. The counties of Butler, Montgomery and Warren.
4. The counties of Champaign, Darke, Mercer, Miami, Preble and Shelby.
5. The counties of Allen, Auglaize, Hardin, Logan, Putnam and Van Wert.
6. The counties of Defiance, Fulton, Henry, Paulding, Williams and Wood.
7. The counties of Erie, Lucas, Ottawa and Sandusky.
13. The counties of Fairfield, Hocking, Jackson, Morgan, Perry and Vinton.
14. The counties of Coshocton, Licking, Muskingum and Tuscarawas.
15. The counties of Ashland, Crawford, Delaware, Knox, Morrow and Richland.
16. The counties of Holmes, Medina, Wayne and Stark.
18. The counties of Carroll, Columbiana, Guernsey, Harrison, and Jefferson.
19. The counties of Ashtabula, Geauga, Mahoning, Portage and Trumbull.
20. The counties of Huron, Lake, Lorain, Summit, and the townships of Bedford, Chagrin Falls, East Cleveland, Euclid, Mayfield, Newburg, Orange, Warrensville, Solon, Brecksville, Brooklyn, Dover, Middleburg, Olmstead, Parma, Independence, Rockport, Royalton and Strongsville, in Cuyahoga county, and the 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st and 27th wards of the city of Cleveland as they are now constituted.
21. The 1st, 2d, 3d, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 22d, 23d, 24th, 25th, 26th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st, 32d, 33d, 34th, 35th, 36th, 37th, 38th, 39th and 40th wards of the city of Cleveland as they are now constituted.
Oregon as redistricted in 1891:
1st District-Counties of Tillamook, Washington, Clarkamas, Yamhill, Polk, Marion, Benton, Linn, Lane, Douglass, Coos, Curry, Josephine, Jackson, Klamath and Lake.
2d District--Counties of Clatsop, Columbia, Multnomah, Wasco, Sherman, Gillman, Morrow, Umatilla, Union, Wallowa, Baker, Grant, Crook, Harney and Malheur.
Tennessee as redistricted in 1891:
1st District-Counties of Johnson, Carter, Sullivan, Washington, Unicoi, Cocke, Greene, Hamblen, Hawkins, Granger, Hancock and Claiborne.
2d District-Counties of Scott, Campbell, Union, Anderson, Morgan, Roane, Knox, Jefferson, Sevier, Blount and Louden.