« ПретходнаНастави »
Import tarit The money unit of Mexico is the silver poso, whose fluctuations in value render reductions to American currency of no permanent value.
Free. 40.00 15.00 Free.
.011 .02 1.00 5.00 3.00
Legal kilogram 6.00 Cantharides
.50 23 Castoreum.
2.00 1 The terms ''pet kilo," legal kilo," and "gross kilo," used in the Mexican tariff, are thus explained : "Net weight" is the intrinsic weight of the merchandise without the casings, packages, or wrappings;
legal weight” is the weight of the goods, including the interior casings, wrappings, boxes of card. board, wood, or tin in which they may be packed inside the exterior box which serves as the outside recepiacle; “gross weight" is the weight of the merchandise with all the wrappings, interior and exterior, without any allowance for packing, tilling, or loops.
? In numbers 34, 34a, 34b are included skins salted or prepared for preservation, but not tanned. The hair of skins referred to in 34a must unite the conditions designated in explanatory note 19.
0. 20 ..15 Free.
MEDICINAL PREPARATIONS, 39 64 Cod-liver oil ....
Legal kilogram 65 Bacteriological cultures..
Free. 66 Vaccinal matter
Free. IV.-INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS AND MANUFACTURES.
ARTICLES OF FUR AND LEATHER.
with silver, platinum, or gold.
1.50 40 69 Belting of leather for machinery, when not imported Gross kilogram
with the machinery to which destined.
.01 imported with the machinery to which destined. 41 72 Calfskins, patent leather, kid, chamois, and other Legal kilogram ... 1.30
cominon prepared skins.
50 Leather gloves : Plain or embroidered, without fur
Legal kilogram 75 With fur...
2. 75 42 76 Harness of all kinds, for carts or carriages
1. 50 77 Buckles and rings, covered with leather..
.30 78 Manufactured articles of tanned skins, with smooth ..do
4. 00 bair. 78al Tanned sking with fine hair
2. 00 79 Leather bands for hats....
1. 50 Number 78a, relates to tanned skins with fine hair suitable for furs, as ermine, sable, fox, otter, beaver, and the like. It also comprises the skills of birds, rats, cats, rabbits, wolves, tigers, lions, bears, bisons, zebras, and otber rare skins, tanned, with feathers or hair. It is immaterial as regards the tariff classification whether these skins come in bulk or in strips, whether sewed or mounted upon cotton or linen linings. Il number 78 are included all manufactures of fine skins, as muffs, boas. or other articles of fur, whether lined with silk or other materials of lower tariff classification: also, garnitures and trimmings of the same sking with cotton, wool, or linen linings are referred to the same number. Rugs made of the rare skins mentioned in explanatory note 41 are included in 780 ; also rugs of goatskin or other common hair imitating bear, tiger, or other skins considered rare.
Number of Tariff explan. numatory
35 S5 .50
ANIMALS AND ANIMAL PRODUCTS–Contd.
BOOTS AND SHOES.
Not combined with silk or metal-
..do Boots of leather or cloth, not containing silk, even
with elastic (resortes), and ornaments other than of
gold, silver, or platinum:
.do Boots of silk or of tissues containing silk, even with
elastics (resortes), with ornaments other than of
gold, silver, or platinum:
.do Low shoes of leather or tissues not containing silk,
even with oruaments other than of gold, silver, or
ornaments other than of gold, silver, or plati
Each 105 Mother-of-pearl
..do 112 Mother-of-pearl, not specially mentioned.
.do 113 Human hair, not specially mentioned
.do 118 Quill toothpicks
.do 119 Tissues of horsehair and bristles.
1.23 1.25 2.50 2.50
.do 126 And thread waste, uncleaned...
..do 127 Carded
cially mentioned, raw or backled.
II.-FRUITS AND CEREALS.
COMESTIBLES. 129 Olives, sinffed or preserved in oil
Legal kilograms ..
...do 133 | Oats in the grain
Gross kilograms 134 Cocoa of all kinds.
Net kilograms. 135 Coffee....
do 136 Cinnanion of all kinds, including cassia
100 gross kilograms 144 Pepper
Net kilograms. 145 Alimentary seeds and grains, not specially mentioned Gross kilograms. 146 | Wheat and other cereals, not specially mentioned..
.... do ...
mission of the secretary, finance department.
III.–VARIOUS VEGETABLE MATERIALS. 152 Saffron, dry or in oil.
163 Fodder ......
.do 165 Tobacco, not manufactured, with the exception of Net kilograms
Virginian tobacco. 166 Virginian tobacco, not manufactured.
.do 167 Tea, green or black, of all kinds..
. 15 .50