« ПретходнаНастави »
59. UNDER, beneath ; as, underclerk, beneath the principal clerk, under sell, to sell beneath or under the price of another.
60. UP, aloft, high, over; as, upset, to turn over.
61. Wrth, from, against; as, withhold, to hold from; withstand, to stand against.
62. ABILITY or IBILITY, quality or power; as, durability, quality or power of lasting; divisibility, the quality of being divided or separated into parts.
63. ABLE, IBLE, BLE, that can be; as, portable, that can be carried ; curable, that can be cured; flexible, that can be bent.
64. Ac, of or belonging to, one who; as, elegiac, belonging to elegy ; maniac, one who is mad.
65. Aceous, consisting of, resembling; as, herbaceous, consisting of herbs.
66. Acy, being, state of being, office; as, celibacy, state of being single; magistracy, office of magistrate.
67. AG E, collection, state, being, state of being, thing, sum; as, foliage, collection of leaves ; bondage, state of being tied.
68. AL, ICAL, of, becoming, belonging to, befitting, act of, thing; as, filial, becoming for a son ; botanical, belonging to botany; revisal, the act of revising.
69. Ax, pertaining, belonging, or relating to, one who; as, sylvan, relating to a wood; historian, one who writes history. 70. Ance, ANCY, being or state of being, act or ing;
as, compliance, act of complying; constancy, state of being constant.
71. Ane, belonging to; as, mundane, belonging to the world; urbane, belonging to the city.
72. Ant, being, ing, one who; as, brilliant, shining; assistant, one who assists.
73. Ar, pertaining or relating to, one who; as, solar, relating to the sun; beggar, one who begs.
74. Ard, one who; as, sluggard, one who is sluggish.
75. Ary, belonging or relating to, one who, the place, thing that; liter. ary, relating to literature; missionary, one who is sent; library, the place for books.
76 Are, one who, to make, to give, having, full; as, graduate, one who takes a degree; debilitate, to make feeble; animate, having life.
77. Cle, little; as, canticle, a little song; particle, a little part.
78. Dom; place, power, state of being; as, freedom, state of being free
79. Ee, one who; as, absentee, one who is absent.
81. Ex, made of, to make; as, wooden, made of wood; harden, to make
82. ENCE, Excy, state of being, act, being, ing; as, confluence, a flowing
83. Est, being, ing, one who; as, antecedent, going before; agent, one
84. ER, one who; as, teacher, one who teaches.
85. Escence, act or state of growing, becoming; as, convalescence, state
86. Escent, growing or becoming; as, convalescent, becoming well
87. Ful, full of; as, doubtful, full of doubt.
89. Hood, state of, office; as, childhood, state of a child.
90. Ic, Ics, thing, art, science, one who; as, logic, the science of reason
91. Ic, ICAL, belonging to; as, heroic, or heroical, belonging to a hero.
95. INE, belonging to, thing, act of, one who; as, marine, belonging to the
96. lox, act of, state of being, ing; as, expulsion, the act of driving out.
98. Ish, belonging to, like, little of, to make; as, boyish, like a boy;
99. Ism, an idiom, state of being, doctrine; as, Anglicism, an English
100. Ist, one who ; as, artist, one who practises an art
101. Ite, one who, having; as, favorite, one who is favored; definite.
102. Ity, Ty, state of being, being; as, felicity, state of being happy.
103. Ive, one who, having power, ing; as, operative, one who works
104. Kıx, little · as, manikin, a little man.
105. LENT, full of, containing; as, virulent, containing poison.
111. MENT, being, state of being, act, thing; as, retirement state of
112. Mony, state of being, thing; as, sanctimony, state of being sacred.
113. Ness, being, state of being; as, blessedness, state of being blessed.
114 Ock, little; as, hillock, a little hill.
115. Or, action or effect of the primitive verb, one who; as, clamor, a crying out; benefactor, one who does good.
116. Ory, place, thing, belonging or relating to, ing; as, armory, a place for arms; promissory, relating to a promise; transitory, passing away.
117. Ose, full of; as, verbose, full of words.
119. Ous, full of, having, consisting of, given to, ing; as, grievous, full of grief; contentious, given to contention.
120. Ry, being, art, place; as, slavery, being a slave ; cookery, art of cooking.
121. SHIP, office, state; as, professorship, the office of a professor.
124. T, TH, thing, being; as, gift, a thing given; length, thing extended
125. TudE, UDE, being, or state of being; as, gratitude, state of being grateful.
126. ULE, little; as, reticule, a little bag.
127. URE, thing, act, state of being, art; as, scripture, thing written ; composure, state of being composed.
128. WARD, in the direction of; as, homeward, in the direction of home.
129. Y, being, state of being, ing, full of, consisting of; as, antipathy, a feeling against; modesty, state of being modest; dusty, full of dust.