« ПретходнаНастави »
4. Æsop's Fables, with New Applications and Morals.
By Rev. G. F. Townsend. 1866.
5. Fables of Æsop and others, with Instructive Applica-
tions. By S. Croxall, D.D.
6. Uncle Jack, the Fault-killer, London, 1857.
7. The Fairchild Family. By Mrs. Sherwood. 1856.
8. Line upon Line, and Peep of Day. 1854.
9. Barefooted Birdie. By T. O'T. 1865.
10. Aunt Judy's Letters. 1865.
11. Parables from Nature. By Mrs. Gatty. 1860.
12. The Fairy Ring, Stories from the German. Trans-
lated by J. E. Taylor. 1846.
13. Nursery Tales from Fairy-land. 1854.
14. Rhymes from Dream-land. London, 1865.
15. Norse Tales. Translated by G. Webbe Dasent. 1859.
16. Andersen's Fairy Tales. 1852.
17. Fairy-land and Fairies, from Sketches by ESA, and
other good Authorities. London, 1867
IV.-Twenty-first Annual Report of the Prison Association of
New York. Part I. Transmitted to the Legislature,
January 22, 1866 -
V.-1. Relazione intorno alle Condizioni della Provincia di
Palermo, e proposte fatte al Consiglio Provinciale
nella tornata del 3 Settembre, 1866, dal Prefetto della
Provincia (Luigi Torelli). Palermo, 1866.
2. I Casi di Palermo. Cenni Storici sugli Avvenimenti
di Settembre, 1866. Per Giuseppe Ciotti. Palermo,
3. Official Reports on the Insurrection at Palermo (Sep.
16-22, 1866). By General Cadorna; the ex-Prefect
Torelli; Marquis Rudini the Sindaco; Pinna the
Questor; and other officials, in the ‘Gazzetta Uffiziale'
of Florence, for October and November, 1866.
4. Anarchia di Palermo e Governo d'Italia. (Unpub-
VI.--1. Nouveau Code des Chasses. Paris, 1851.
2. Report from the Committee of the House of Commons
on the Game Laws. 1846.
3. Okes' Game Laws. London, 1863.
4. Law Journal Reports. 1865 -
VII.-1. The Directorium Anglicanum. Third Edition. Edited
by the Rev. Frederick George Lee, D.C.L. London,
2. Lawful Church Ornaments. By the Rev. Thomas
Walter Perry. London, 1857.
3. The Church and the World ; Essays on Questions of
4. The cases of Westerton against Liddell, Clerk, and
others (St. Paul's, Knightsbridge), and Beal against
Liddell, Clerk, and others (St. Barnabas, Pimlico),
as heard and determined by the Consistory Court of
London, the Arches Court of Canterbury, and the
Judicial Committee of Her Majesty's Most Hon. Privy
Council. By E. F. Moore. London, 1857.
5. The Ornaments of the Minister. Case submitted to
Counsel, with the Joint Opinion thereon of the Attor-
ney-General [Sir Roundell Palmer), Sir Hugh M.
Cairns, Q.C., Mr. Mellish, Q.C., and Mr. Barrow.
6. Disputed Ritual Ornaments and Usages. A Case,
with the Opinions thereon of Her Majesty's Advocate
(Sir R. Phillimore, Q.C.), Sir Fitzroy Kelly, Q.C.,
Sir W. Bovill, Q.C., Mr. W. M. James, Q.C., Dr.
Deane, Q.C., Mr. J. D. Coleridge, Q.C., M.P., Mr.
C. G. Prideaux, Mr. J. Hannen, and Mr. J. Cutler.
7-11. The Mixed Chalice. The Elevation of the Host.
The North-Side of the Altar. Incense. Catholic
Ritual in the Church of England. By Richard Fre-
derick Littledale, M.A., LL.D., Priest of the Church
of England. London, 1865-6.
12. A Charge Delivered to the Clergy of St. David's,
October, 1866. By Connop Thirlwall, D.D., Bishop
of St. David's. London, 1866
VIII.--1. Josh Billings : His Book of Sayings. London, 1866.
2. Wit and Humour. Poems by Oliver Wendell Holmes.
3. The Potiphar Papers. By George William Curtis.
4. The Autocrat of the Breakfast Table. London, 1866.
5. Poems. By J. G. Saxe. London, 1866.
6. Artemus Ward: His Book. London, 1865.
7. The Biglow Papers. London, 1865.
8. Letters of Major Downing, Major Downingville Militia,
2nd Brigade, to his old friend Mr. Dwight, &c. New
9. The Naseby Papers. London, 1865.
10. Phænixiana. London, 1865.
11. Orpheus C. Kerr Papers. London, 1865.
12. The Conduct of Life. By R. W. Emerson. London,
13. The Professor at the Breakfast Table. Boston, 1860.
14. American Wit and Humour. New York, 1859.
15. Dred. By Mrs. H. B. Stowe. London, 1856.
IX.-1. Speech of the Right Hon. R. Lowe in the House of
Commons, April 26th and May 3rd.
2. Speeches on Parliamentary Reform, by John Bright,
Esq., M.P., delivered during the Autumn of 1866 to
the people of England, Scotland, and Ireland at Man-
chester, Birmingham, Leeds, Glasgow, Dublin, and
3. Ireland and her Servilo War. By Colonel Adair,
F.R.S. London, 1867.
4. Land Tenure in Ireland : a Plca for the Celtic Race.
By Isaac Butt, Q.C. Second Edition. Dublin and
11.-1. Report of the Commissioners appointed to inquire
into the Sea Fisheries of the United Kingdom.
2. Report of the Deep Sea and Coast Fishery Commis-
sioners, Ireland. 1866.
3. Report of the Commissioners of the British Fisheries,
of their Proceedings in the Year ended 31st Dec.,
4. The Harvest of the Sea. A Contribution to the
Natural and Economic History of the British Food
Fishes. By James G. Bertram. London, 1865.
5. The Herring; its Natural History and National Im-
portance. By John M. Mitchell, F.R.S.S.A., &c.
6. Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft; a Handbook for
Visitors and Residents, and a History, with Sta-
tistics, of the East Coast Herring Fishery. London,
Fünfzigjährigen Doctor-Jubiläums am 29. August,
1864, von der Ritterschaft Esthlands. (A Sketch of
the Life and Writings of Dr. Charles Ernest von
Baer, contributed by himself. Published on the
occasion of the Jubilee of his Doctorate on the 29th
of August, 1864, by the 'Ritterschaft' of Esthonia.)
St. Petersburg. 1865. (For private circulation
IV.-1. The History and Antiquities of the Counties of
Westmorland and Cumberland. By J. N. Nichol-
son, Esq., and Richard Burn, LL.D. 2 vols. 4to.
2. Observations on several Parts of England, particu-
larly the Mountains and Lakes of Cumberland and
Westmoreland, relative chiefly to Picturesque Beauty,
made in the year 1772. By William Gilpin, A.M.
3rd edition. 2 vols. London, 1808.
3. The Westmorland Dialect, with the adjacency of Lan-
cashire and Yorkshire, in four familiar Dialogues.
By A. Wheeler. 3rd edition. Kendal, 1821.
4. History of Richmondshire, with the Wapentakes of
Lonsdale, Ewecross, and Amunderness. By T. D.
Whitaker, LL.D., F.S.A. 2 vols. fol. London, 1823.
5. The Worthies of Westmorland. By G. Atkinson,
Esq., Barrister-at-Law. London, 1849.
6. The Northmen in Cumberland and Westmoreland.
By Robert Ferguson. London and Carlisle, 1856.
7. The Annals of Kendal. By Cornelius Nicholson,
F.G.S. 2nd edition. London and Kendal, 1861.
8. The Lake Country. By E. Lynn Linton. London,
9. Local Chronology; being Notes of the principal
Events published in the Kendal Newspapers. London
and Kendal. 1865.
10. Handbook for Westmoreland and Cumberland. 1866 347